In addition to your summer salary resident camp staff can expect to receive the following:
1. Room and board is included! Most staff live in cabins with campers.
The cabins are simple but modern. Some cabins include bathrooms while other cabins use a shared shower facility. We offer 3 hot a day for all residential staff. Breakfast includes a hot meal option like Pancakes and Bacon with a yogurt and cereal bar. Lunch and dinners have a full salad bar with a hot meal like burritos, pasta bar or pizza! We offer vegetarian and gluten free options at each meal for staff who have special diets.
2. We offer extensive training to give you a strong foundation for any job you may have here at Kennolyn. Our staff feel more confident and capable when they leave camp and are equipped to work in many different fields. Future employers are often appreciative of the skills learned at summer camp working with children. Kennolyn will pay for Red Cross Lifeguard certifications for any staff member who qualifies to work at our pool.
3.One of the greatest benefits of working at Kennolyn is there are few expenses while you work here. Many of our staff appreciate that at the end of the summer they are able to save a majority of their salary. While many of our staff do enjoy shopping and meals out during time off, some are able to put a lot of their money right back into the bank!
4. While we don’t use a lot of technology at camp we do have internet access that can be used during free-time to contact friends and family.
5. Time off: We offer 3 weekends off during the summer (Saturday 4pm-Monday 9am) as well as 6 additional days off (usually 8:45am-8:45pm) and 3 evenings off. These extended times off are great to visit the local area. We are located 80 miles from San Francisco and 42 miles from Monterey, CA.
6.We offer multiple staff socials throughout the summer. We have a blast eating snacks, appreciating each other and just having fun!
7. We do staff laundry approximately every 10 days.
8. Post-camp work is available for those who are interested. This gives staff the opportunity to leave most of their luggage on site and travel before returning to camp for one last weekend. This gives them a little more money to either travel with or put right in the bank for when they go home.
9. Each residential staff member will have the opportunity to visit our local theme park, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
10. One of the greatest parts of Kennolyn are the friends you will make. Staff meet people from all over the world!
11. Kennolyn is located on 300 acres in the Coastal Redwood forest. You will have the opportunity to go on hikes to our old growth redwood, visit a creek used for logging at the turn of the century. In addition to taking advantage of the beautiful property, staff also get the opportunity to try our extensive Ropes Course, fly on our Trapeze, make a pot in our outdoor ceramics studio and so much more!