Work at Camp
Nurse & Work Trades
Kennolyn Camps is committed to helping as many people as possible send their children to camp. Trading your skills and energy for your child to attend Kennolyn is often a great fit and we are always interested in hearing from people with the vitality and commitment to work out a trade.
Our main area of work trades is Nursing. However, we offer many opportunities in addition to Nursing for parents/caregivers to trade work or goods for camp tuition. If you feel you have specific skills which could be utilized by Kennolyn, please contact Andrew Townsend at email@example.com to discuss your capabilities and our current or ongoing needs.
Careful selection of Nurses to provide care to our campers is very important. We are lucky to have many nurses that return year after year and provide an excellent standard of care. Our Health Care Coordinators, Angel Kuo (Overnight Camp) and Kathy Pabich (Day Camp), regularly review and update our comprehensive protocols and procedures and recruit and train new health care staff. Standard of care is also reviewed annually by our camp MDs.
- Strong desire to work with children
- Ability and desire to work in and around an outdoor environment
- Currently licensed in California as a registered nurse or willing to complete requirements and pay fees to transfer license to California (see http://www.rn.ca.gov/applicants/lic-end.shtml for details)
- Experiential knowledge base equivalent to one-year acute care nursing
- Current CPR certification is required. ACLS and/or PALS is preferred
- Excellent pediatric and adult communication skills
- Personality traits: integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, flexibility, patience, responsibility, and fun sense of humor
- Critical thinking skills are a must