Overnight Camp Resources
Santa Cruz Mountains
As you consider your options for overnight camps, please let us help you with our extensive library of resources.
- Download our Parent Packet for detailed information on many Kennolyn policies and logistics.
- See our Packing Lists
- Check out our video page. Kids especially love to sit and watch these videos, even though some are a little dated. This helps future campers to really get a picture of Kennolyn Camps, Santa Cruz Mountains.
- Check out our FAQ page. We update it often as new questions come up.
- Schedule a call. Email our Camps Director, Andrew Townsend, and set up a time to discuss any aspect of your child’s Kennolyn experience. Andrew has been at Kennolyn since 1985. He met his wife here, raised 3 kids here and has spoken to groups across the country about the power of the camp experience. He has served as President of 2 camp associations and believes that there is a camp for every child. There is no better person for you to discuss your concerns or ask questions about any of our camp programs.
- We’d like to recommend a couple of books written and published by respected authors who are not camp operators but are respected experts in the wider field of child development. You will see that they all agree about the value of the camp experience:
Homesick & Happy – How Time Away from Parents Can Help a Child Grow by Michael Thompson, PHD and
Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature-Deficit Disorder by Richard Louv. Camp at Kennolyn is done outside (with comfortable inside areas for sleeping and eating.) This book offers compelling evidence that being outdoors helps kids grow up happy and healthy.