Each Friday we plan a fun themed activity day, when campers and counselors alike can dress up and participate in special activities related to the theme. All week long we feature skits, songs, sudden performances and activities to build excitement around the theme, which might be Rock Star Day, Super Hero Day, Olympic Day, Luau Day…and more!
Each Friday morning, campers entering second grade or higher have free choice time when they may select new activities (or favorites they can’t get enough of!). Younger campers stay with their groups to enjoy favorite activities.
After lunch, we start our theme-based activities! On Luau Day, we build sandcastles at our Volleyball Court. On Rock Star Day, each group prepares to have their own rock show. We plan all sorts of fun and unexpected things, and have been know to build rafts for the pool, put a favorite counselor in the dunk tank, or set up our 30 foot inflatable slip n’ slide!
At closing circle, we plan an extra-special farewell for our campers before they board the buses home. Friday Fundays end at 3 pm and are the perfect way to round up an exciting week at camp.
2018 Friday Funday Themes!
- Session 1: Arrrgh It’s Pirate Day! Wednesday: Crazy Hat
- Session 2: Superheros and Villains Wednesday: Crazy Socks
- Session 3: Time Travel Day (aka decades but this sounds cooler) Wednesday: Crazy Facepaint/Make-Up
- Session 4: Jurassic Camp (Dinosaurs) Wednesday: Go Sports! (Wear sports jerseys or gear)
- Session 5: Space Cowboys & Aliens Wednesday: Hawaiian Shirt Day
- Session 6: Water Carnival! Wednesday: Fantastic Flannel
- Session 7: Alphabet Olympics Wednesday: Backwards Day
- Session 8: Kennolyn Safari Wednesday: Twin Day
- Session 9: Disney Day Wednesday: Tie Dye