Traveling to Camp by Car
Kennolyn is located just 45 minutes from San Jose and 90 minutes from San Francisco.
Click here for a map
From SF or the Bay Area:
- Take the 101, 280 or 880 south to Highway 17 South through the Santa Cruz Mountains
- On the other side of Scotts Valley, take Highway 1 South towards Watsonville/Monterey
- Continue 4 miles and exit at Bay Street / Porter Avenue
- Turn Left under the freeway
- Take an Immediate Right at the stoplight onto Main Street
- Main Street curves around and becomes Glen Haven Road
- Continue approximately 4 miles
- Pass the first Kennolyn sign for the Hilltop Hacienda (on your left)
- Turn Right at Kennolyn Stone Creek Village (Resident Camp)
Alternate route to avoid weekend beach traffic (may be closed, check for road conditions):
- From Highway 17 south, take the offramp at Summit Road (just beyond Redwood Estates).
- Turn off right and continue back over the highway on the overpass
- Turn Left at the stop sign. You are now on Summit Road
- Go approximately 4 miles (and approx 1 mile past Loma Prieta School)
- Take an Abrupt Right onto Old San Jose Road for 11 miles
- Turn Left on Soquel Drive
- Go one block then turn Left onto Main Street, which becomes Glen Haven Road
- Continue as above
OTHER TRAVEL OPTIONS
Campers come to Kennolyn from all over California, other states and even other countries! For your convenience, we can arrange for ground transportation to and from San Jose International Airport on Opening and Closing Days.
**All campers arriving by any form of transportation other than automobile MUST travel in Kennolyn green shirts and sweatshirts, with no other clothing on top. Please order early from Westwind’s Clothing and Equipment Catalog.
Traveling by Plane
Kennolyn is an easy 45-minute drive from San Jose International Airport, and we provide complimentary ground transportation. Escorts wearing Kennolyn Green will meet campers as they deplane, and accompany them until they arrive at camp.
Complete information for planning your camper’s trip are outlined in the parent packet, but please note the following time frames:
- Schedule flight arrivals between 9-11am on Opening Day (Sunday for 1 wk sessions, Monday for 2 wk sessions).
- Schedule flight departures between 9-11am on Closing Day (Saturday)
- International campers and any camper crossing 3 or more time zones can contact us to see if we can accommodate arrival 1 day early.
- Flight information must be provided at least 2 weeks prior to the start of your session (through your online account under “Transportation” or contact us directly). A $50 fee is charged for airport transportation booked less than 2 weeks prior to your session.
- If the camper’s flight is outside of the 9-11am window, there will be a $150 charge to accommodate this.
By special arrangement, we can coordinate transportation to and from San Francisco International Airport if necessary.